Windows Perl Scripting Forums » Scripts

HELP!!!

(4 posts)

1. aj

I'm in need of a simple Perl script that can convert HTML tags from lowercase into uppercase for a given file.

When run, the script should prompt the user to enter the name of the HTML file. This name should be verified to ensure the file extension is either .htm or .html (uppe- or lowercase is acceptable) and if not an error message should be displayed and the user prompted to re-enter the name.

On input of a validated name, the file should be processed (if it exists) and all lowercase tags, e.g. <html>, converted into uppercase, e.g. <HTML>. It should not convert any other text, ONLY the tags.

At the end of the processing, the original file should be renamed with the .old extension, instead of .htm/.html, and the processed file given the original file name.

I know nothing of Perl so I am hoping that someone out there either has a script that could do this for me or if you have a few minutes spare then maybe write a script out for me.

I await your replies.

Thanks. 

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. davo

I'm in need of a simple Perl script that can convert HTML tags from lowercase into uppercase for a given file.

When run, the script should prompt the user to enter the name of the HTML file. This name should be verified to ensure the file extension is either .htm or .html (uppe- or lowercase is acceptable) and if not an error message should be displayed and the user prompted to re-enter the name.

On input of a validated name, the file should be processed (if it exists) and all lowercase tags, e.g. <html>, converted into uppercase, e.g. <HTML>. It should not convert any other text, ONLY the tags.

At the end of the processing, the original file should be renamed with the .old extension, instead of .htm/.html, and the processed file given the original file name.

I know nothing of Perl so I am hoping that someone out there either has a script that could do this for me or if you have a few minutes spare then maybe write a script out for me.

E-Mail me Thanks...

Thompsonelvis@aol.com

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. aj

Hey Davo, whats with copying my posting? 

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. aj

Not very helpful this site is it?

I know I may be asking a lot for someone to give up 10mins? of their time but I wouldn't of thought that that was too much to ask.

ARE there any Perl programmers on this site at all? 

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.